Once you have a recording date scheduled, I need you to do these five simple things:
Fill out this form – which will give us important information about who you are, your particular expertise (beyond what we might know already) – and your social media profile so that we can share you and your podcast with our network once it's ready to be put out into the world. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Thank you!
Send us a headshot for us to use in promoting the podcast to sally-at-thismovedme.com
Look over the conversation FLOW so you feel prepared. I use this as a general “guide” in the conversation, but I love it when we veer off course and discover new conversations that are spontaneous!
Be ready with a “This Moved Me Moment” – something that has moved you recently… perhaps a song, a talk you saw, a news story, a movie, a conversation… and we'll talk about it for a just a moment and look at HOW and WHY it moved you. Fun to find new creative pieces – but also another opportunity to look at the art of moving our audiences.
Please read the promotion expectations and agreement at the bottom of this page. We both want people to hear this interview – and the best and most effective way to do that is for both of us to share it widely and frequently! This agreement will help explain what we do, and what we expect you to do, as well. Thank you!
Some questions to help you prepare:
- Your story as a speaker – what is your background?, how did you come to speaking? Was it something you always felt came to you naturally, or have you had to work at it?
- Biggest challenge you face as a speaker – and (how) do you work on that?
- Greatest strength as a speaker – how do you think this strength was developed?
- What is your purpose as a speaker? What are you trying to do with it?
- I believe a great talk can change the world? What thing or things would you like to change in the world with your speaking?
- Best talk you’ve ever heard, and why?
- A lesson you’ve learned the hard way about speaking: a mistake, humbling, embarrassing, or entertaining moment!
- Favorite story from a moment as a speaker: (maybe one of those moments that affirmed your purpose?)
Here's how the episodes typically flow:
We may not get to all of this – and if the conversation flows to other things, that’s totally fine by me! Remember to think in STORY.
- Chit-Chat/Sound Check – I'll press record and we'll jump right in. I'll add the intro later. I prefer a more casual, conversational entrance in, rather than a stinted hand off. Cool?
- Your story as a speaker – How did you get to this point that we're talking now?
- We'll dig into 2 or 3 ideas that sit in the intersection between your expertise and the This Moved Me audience…
- The “Coaches Corner” – What is something you're working on, trying to get better at in terms of the art of public speaking? [This might get cut, depending on the time.]
- FINALLY: a THIS MOVED ME Moment (will always end with this)
- Outro: THANKS!
Some tips to make the recording sound as professional as possible—whether on the phone or via computer.
You probably already know all of this, but just in case.😊
- Turn off all beepy/noisy things on your devices! Sometimes I forget that my email is on and "ba-ding!" Everyone suddenly knows I got an email.
- Close out of all programs, except for Skype.
- Don't type on the computer while we talk. It’s surprisingly loud in the recording.
- Feel free to take notes. Don't wear makeup if you don't feel like it. Use your hands as you talk. This is just an audio Skype recording so no worries about wearing your pj’s or putting on that calming facial masque I know you’ve been wanting to use—oh wait, that note’s for me😂
- Most importantly – just be yourself and have fun!
The Promotional Agreement:
Our goal is to share your show as widely as possible so as many people as possible can hear you!
To do that, we need your help:
By agreeing to join me on This Moved Me, you agree to:
Write a ratings and review on iTunes – CLICK HERE to do this!
Promote the show for one month through Twitter (@ThisMovedMe), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/thismovedme), and LinkedIn, if applicable as well as any other forums, groups, or connections you think will benefit from the show.
Be sure to post about the show, with a link back to your episode’s page.
Before your show launches, I will send you an email with done-for-you Facebook and Twitter messages. I'll also include images and an episode link. I will also follow up 2-weeks after your interview to remind you of how important this is😀
I’m grateful for you, and can't wait to see the impact we have together!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me—Sally (sally-at-thismovedme.com).
I'm here to help and am always happy to hear from you.
Let's move the world together!
The slightly boring (but important stuff):
By participating in the This Moved Me podcast interview, you agree to allow Sandy&Ally Productions/This Moved Me to record, distribute, and disseminate the podcast in any manner. You also agree to allow This Moved Me/Sandy&Ally Productions to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, and in all other public distribution. To help promote the podcast, we'll also add your email address to our weekly newsletter list. We've found that people want to see what we're saying about them! Please feel free to unsubscribe if it's not something you want to continue with. We will only be slightly hurt because we totally get it. Email overload is real. If you have any concerns about this or anything, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you!