171: AmyK Hutchens - On Delivering a Leadership Message Your Audience (Actually) WANTS
AmyK Hutchens is a speaker, teacher, trainer, entrepreneur and business strategist - and spends most of her year traveling around the globe speaking about leading a more productive and profitable life. She's a business and life coach whose job is to teach from the stage! She's got dozens of impressive accolades that clearly state she is a powerhouse - both on and off the stage. But I love that AmyK came to me from a referral from my friend and guest here on This Moved Me, Jenny Evans. Jenny insisted that AmyK would be great - and she was!
We talked about how we as leaders can't just shove the message we think our audience NEEDS down their throats; no, we have to wrap that needed message in what they want:
On the show, we talked about:
- On the theater aspect of the stage
- On the power and challenge of speaking as an introvert
- How being a "teacher" affects AmyK's approach as a speaker
- The connection between story, leadership and resonance
- Key aspects of good storytelling that help you influence and lead!
RESOURCES & LINKS