042: Bryan Skavnak - On What Golf Has to Do with Public Speaking
If you're reading this on email, you can read this post on the website here.
Listen to the podcast
Bryan is a golfer with a message. It started by wanting to differentiate himself: golf is fun, let's have fun. But when his mom died, his message snowballed. The message took over. There are other more important things in life.
In this episode Bryan and I talk about:
- How Bryan became a speaker (after being someone who didn't talk much)
- How golf is like speaking (seriously!) - some key lessons
- How Bryan brings his creativity, and his meaning and purpose into his work as a coach and speaker
- The challenge that Bryan is facing (that we all face at one time or another)- facing his fears... "am I good enough?"
- How Bryan helps his golfers tackle their fears... and what we as speakers can learn from him: Act like the Kool-Aid Guy.