Corey Poirier does about a billion things – he's an entrepreneur – speaker, author, musician, stand up comedian… and he is out speaking over 200 times a year.
In this episode of This Moved Me, Corey and I talk about his arc towards his speaking career, which includes battling real anxiety, facing it head-on and ending up being a stand-up comedian and prolific speaker. Corey's passion is sharing the insights he's culled from thousands of interviews with high achieving individuals – all in an attempt to inspire us to be the best we can be.
Listen to the podcast
In this episode we discuss:
- Corey's mom's influence on him, and on his work, today
- How anxiety and hypochondria pushed him to become a stand up comedian! (Wha?, I know.)
- How stand up (and the challenge of stand up) helped him become a better speaker, and conquer his anxiety
- How a change in mindset – and was crucial to overcoming his fear
- The first (and 2nd) recreational book Corey ever read… at age 27. How to Win Friends… (Dale Carnegie does it again!)
- Corey's methodology of coming up with new ideas
This Moved Me Moments:
TMM Moment: Jim Gaffigan. He is FUNNY, and real. Love his voices. He reflects what really happens. it RESONATED.
Just to up the cuteness factor, here’s a video of his kids introducing him at a show this past December:
On the power of influence and how we can hold each other up…
Corey is a big fan of Christine Campbell, a musician friend of his. Corey happened to share her music with someone he knew – who then in turn shared it with some girls at a music school… and now they want to be “the next Christine Campbell.” It truly is a small (and viral) world! Here's a peek at her music:
I hope you enjoyed this week’s episode! If you know someone who would benefit from it, feel free to download and share it. iTunes responds in their search engine based on how how many ratings and reviews we have – so we’d really appreciate it if you would Subscribe, Rate, and leave a review on iTunes.
Let's keep this conversation going:
You can find out more about Corey by checking out the links below!
Here's his “thank you” to listeners: http://thepassioncure.com/
You can also get advanced access to his upcoming e-book featuring insights from roughly 101 Thought Leaders by signing up at www.thepassioncure.com
Read this post on This Moved Me.